Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sorry

Well, we all know I have two disasterous relationships in my life that I wish could be better. I've decided, in light of current events, that the one is not getting fixed today. This is the one I've been miserable over, so I need to do something with my energy. So I've decided to try again to make ammends on the other one. (I had recently proclaimed that the ball was in her court and I have nothing to do with it. But whatever, life is obviously too short.) This particular person is strange, I have no idea what I did. Unlike my other mess-up this may have been caused by me being me was no longger what she wanted in her life. Whereas I screwed up the other thing by not being me. (Do you ever feel like you can't win? Thats why I guess you should just be you.)

What I wanted to write about before I went into a manic deppressive spiral last night, was percieved right time. (But then I have to be a girl...which menas then crying all night and and hangover of depressed when you wake up at 1am, which means Tully's because making coffee isw ridiculous by then. Yeah don't be a girl.) However, one of my past favorite singer, Trisha Yearwood, had said about her desire for a recording career that she would go out and try making music and recording once she lost a considerable amount of weight. And she finally realized that this was ridiculous, and she just went out there and started recording and became a star. But her percieved right time was when she was 25 pounds lighter. Obviously she was wrong, her percieved right time was not good for her goals, she didn't need it. So when are we doing that in our life? When are we waiting for that perfect moment to do something? You sit there and calculate the way you think everyone else will react, what stuff you own, what experience you have, plan how to make yourself look better for whatever you want to do, and to what end? Is it really going to help? Or better yet, are you really ever going to do those things that you see as prerequisites? Or will they forever going to be stumbling blocks to your hopes and dreams. From now on lets try to do things we want to do, regardless of if we think the time is right. If you don't make it happen than it will never happen. And you get into a habit of putting things off, until you are completely crippled.

Oh well, at least my mom thinks I'm profound.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I think that's profound too. We spend every day with prerequisites, never doing the things we truly want to do because there are "things we have to do" before we can do that things we want to. It's pathetic and I think that we should all vow to live differently and try to do the things we want before it's too late.

We should have dinner and a movie this week :)

Ben said...

I have to agree. That's very profound and an important point -- it's funny how self-confidence or the lack thereof can turn into a combination of fear and procrastination...I used to tell myself I would take dance classes again after I did some cardio, got myself back into shape, built on my endurance...and then after New Moves I said the hell with it, I'm just going for it.

(Now I'm still doing that in other areas, but one step at a time. =)