Monday, October 13, 2008

Update on things

Ok so for those of you who have no idea what I'm up to...I'm sorry I haven't let you know sooner. (probably mostly Ami Ma and Papa Harold)

School is alright. I should be graduating this semester, unless a meteorite crashes or something. I am in 2 ensembles. Afro-Cuban Jazz, which kicks my butt weekly. And Wind Ensemble...which I am enjoying immensly. I am very sad we don't have rehearsal this week due to the director (Robert Busan) having to fly to Sydney for an emergency.

I am also teaching ballet once a week in San Mateo. It is a pretty good gig, I am allowed to make demands on things like hair and the uniform is strict and a classical approach is welcomed. Not Dance Arts. Thank goodness.

I am also working at Elephant bar still... I am a certified trainer- which is a nice title, but sometimes difficult. I still love waiting though. I stabbed myself with a fork last night...it really freaked my boss out. And I'm super excited because we're turning our busser, Rodile, into a server. Everyone loves him and I think he'll do great. He still needs to work on his English a bit and speak louder...but it's really cool for him to be able to progress like that. He'll make so much more than he does bussing.

Oh yesh, and I moved again. Bob hates moving...he flipped out. I hate moving too, but I didn't cling to the side of my cage psychotically like he did. Its ok for now, but the arrangement is month to month and I anticipate moving again as soon as something with friends opens up. I have no internet there though, if I can't steal it...you'll find me at Starbucks!

I'm sure I'm doing something else too....but I can't remember now...

2 comments:

Helenrr said...

hahahaha. Poor Bob. I think I would feel like him if I had to move right now too.
As long as you were n't serving people with the fork sticking out of you it ought to be okay...
:) hrr

Ben said...

Bad Christina, no self-stabbing. o.O Neat to hear about the busser's promotion, though -- not something you hear about from a lot of restaurants. I wholeheartedly thumbs-up it. =D