Monday, November 23, 2009

Hello Monday

Well, as the week starts over again I cannot say I am in any less of a melancholy mood than I have been all weekend. This new Pink Martini album, "Splendor in the Grass" is quite nice in matching it though. It makes me wish I was better at writing music. I try, but so far things sound super contrived and obvious. I suppose it takes a balance and there is some knack of not trying too hard. Which may be difficult for me.

I am fortunate to finally be in possession of a work schedule... it turned out nicely. I have my birthday and (one pen hits the floor, darn my cat found them) the day after it (two pens) off. I also have both days (three pens) after Christmas off, as well as Christmas obviously. And I don't think I have to be there till 2 the next day. Also I am a mid on New Years Eve and have New Years Day off.... It works beautifully! (waiting.... there are 2 more pens and a wine key up there....)

The odd thing about scheduling at work is they have 2 mids on Friday and Saturday.... But its not Elephant Bar, they DON'T need 2 mids. Instead they have the second mid come in at 2pm, to cover mid like things so that the first mid doesn't have to stay more than 8ish hours. Who does that? I mean as a person I'm fine with it.... But as a business person you're paying an extra manager when the first mid could just work for 10 hours instead. Bue thats the EBar talking.

The other day we had an Aloha Crash that started at 7pm and never stopped. We closed an hour early because of it. It was frustrating, but not unusual.... At least they weren't using KDS... lol

I do miss the crazy busy of EBar, but because of the lack of stress my life has been shaping up much nicer.... I have energy to do other things with my life. Like write this. I still am very defeatist about some things, but I'm sure that will come around.

No comments: