Saturday, May 22, 2010

Random Writings

I was bored...

I think the reason I like writing is because I suck at talking. And don’t tell me I don’t because I seriously do. I can’t tell a story for the life of me, nor anything with a point to it. I tend to talk in mumbo-jumbo word salad. Expressing things this way is extremely frustrating…especially when you can’t find words and make up your own phrases as substitutes. You just can’t trust people to know what you mean by comparing a sousaphone to a “cracked out crayfish with a banana in its ear”. I feel in general my thoughts are much more organized in writing and I am much better at finding words through my fingers than my mouth. And even if is not that much better, writing generally affords you time to tweak it. Regardless, my writing is still quirky and probably misleadingly interesting for a moment until you realize that there will not actually be bagels at the end of it.

Because I feel like it… lets talk about things I hate. No, sorry, I hate way too much stuff. Trying to be positive here… lets talk about things I enjoy or would enjoy if they happened. I realize this is less interesting for you, but it is infinitely much better for my brain.

Firstly, a new one, I enjoy the show “Gossip Girl”. I think it may be replacing “Sex and the City” as my favorite show. I love “SATC” but “Gossip Girl” is just so much more relevant to my age and problems. And the fashion is divine and much more accessible. And I have a girl crush on Blake Lively, her nose makes me feel better about mine. Also, Penn Badgely is cute, if overly troubled by trivial things and a penchant to act retarded and break up with Serena all the freaking time. Also I love Chuck Bass’ character, very good…tons of development happening, juicy. Keep in mind I am behind by about a season…but please? What happened to the colleges? In the beginning of the show, Dan wants to go to Dartmouth, Serena to Brown, Blair is obviously Yale, Nate is the black sheep who wants USC, and yada yada yada. But now they’re ALL freaking going to Yale. Or not, but that’s the only school mentioned (I know that there was some plot point about Dan and Dartmouth’s lit program really being Yale, but that’s just stupid needless details). And I’m on season 2, but I was impatient and read all the synopsis’s and find out everyone goes to NYU!!!! Hello?! I mean I know it was just so all the characters could stick around and the show could go on, but really? Couldn’t you have thought about that from the start? However I enjoy it regardless and I trust that eventually Dan and Serena will figure it out. Also, crack equals not a good idea.

Secondly, something I would enjoy. Stuffed animals. Call me silly, but I love my stuffed animals. Yes I still sleep with them. They’re always there for me and never criticize. A very nice present would be a nice stuffed animal, it seems cheesy but if it’s a nice one and not one of those ones that is mass produced for Valentine’s Day it really wouldn’t be. I guess that’s something you never think of buying for a twenty-three year old. But in elf years I’m like 10, so it totally makes sense.

Third, I enjoy this Midnight Pomegranate candle from Bath and Body Works. It’s the second one I’ve been through…the scent is nice although not easily definable, like most candles. But sometimes you just like things without being able to quantify it and just roll with it. That’s what that candle is like.
More about why I like writing. Because I suck at talking. Oooops, I think I may have already told you that. I would LOVE to be someone who is a great communicator and always honest and truthful about how I feel. However, I do realize that I am not this. Even if I tried to express how I feel all the time people would probably just wonder why the gremlin was speaking out of turn. It just comes out sort of convoluted and gobbledy-gooky. If you were just thinking “Hey I bet spell check doesn’t like that word”, well you’d be right. Ok, moving on past the gorilla cage….

Number four, stickers. I love stickers. I put them on my pens for work.... I save them... I put them on my laptop.... I especially have a lot of Batman stickers. One of my laptops has a Batman sticker on the cover and a Batman screen saver... So when I pull the laptop out (it's name is "The Beast" by the way) I yell "Batman!!!" and then when I open the cover I yell "Batman!!!" and when I close the cover I ye.... Yeah, this WILL go on all day.

Fifth, I love Batman. I enjoy Batman. I have Batman mugs, Batman stickers, Batman note pads, Batman sheets, comforter, stickers, belaying action figure, etc. All my computers have Batman screen savers except my net book "The Beastling" which has the animated X-Men because they're cool too. "The Beast" and "The Beastling" both have these names because they are a pain in the ass and I have had to wipe both of their hard drives. Wiping hard drives is not as hard as waiting for the week of updates afterwards.

So there, I like Batman.

No comments: