Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Been a few days...

It has been rather busy lately. I've been working a fair amount at Smith Ranch. Since we cut the 24 hour schedule at Starbucks, hours have been low. Alas, once school starts on Thursday I will only be able to work Saturdays at Smith Ranch.

Saturday I went to ballet at the silly little studio down the street. I am by far the best dancer there, and I feel bad for the other students when I show up. However, it is the only class I can make on occasion, and sometimes at my level it is more what you make of a class then the class itself. At open classes at San Francisco Dance Center you are likely to get no attention at all. So in either case you just have to know what it is you personally need to work on. Although combinations that have no musicality and an onslaught of "American" ballet terminology can wear on me immensely, I have to just ignore it and think about those things I am doing wrong.

Saturday we also had a casual game night. I got to hang out with Natalie a bit more, and got to meet her boyfriend Christopher. They are cool people. I also got to meet Zack's girlfriend, Cynthia, she is very likable. Sunday we wandered the town and found (among other things) a cool little cafe called Cafe du Soleil. It was a relaxing atmosphere. The last couple evenings have been spent playing Dungeons and Dragons. It was a lot of fun tonight. I think I understand 3.0/3.5 better than I thought I did.

Well I am sure there is more to say...but it has been a long day and I am working in the morning. So I shall get back to it then.

No comments: