Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Middle of the Week

Wednesday is a tedious day, especially since I am working a closing shift tonight. Then I have work tomorrow morning at Smith Ranch Care Center. And then another closing shift. It isn't too bad, all of Friday is mine.

I've been doing pretty well on all of my new years resolutions so far. I've managed to fit ballet and trumpet practice in every day for the most part. I've done well with my food. Last night we had grilled salmon patties, grilled asparagus, and lime pilaf (yes mom, I ate asparagus of my own will. weird.). I made a garlic, herb, butter sauce for the asparagus and salmon. It was very good. I've been way more motivated to get things done. I finally got a table and (mostly) cleaned out the beneath of my loft bed. I haven't been too good about getting my demo reel and new resume together. Nor do I have an agent yet, or theater auditions set up...but that is what the weekend is for, no?

Loft beds.... are actually quite useful for stretching. Since the ceiling is so close I can use to stretch whenever I'm in bed.

My first ballet audition is for American Ballet Theater's collegiate program on January 27th. Fortunately for me, San Francisco is one of the later stops on the ABT audition tour.

Next weekend (the 27th) is also the one year mark for Chris and me. Don't know what we're going to do yet. Granted I actually get my shift for that night switched, it won't be until after the ABT audition.

My favorite website of the day is this one- Andros on Ballet. I found it through a website I found through Off Center. You should look at this link especially- The Best of the Androsisms. They make me think of things my teacher Sue would say.

No comments: