Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Class

I did get tips and so therefore got to go to class. Today I attended company ballet class at Westlake School for Performing Arts in Daly City. I have never attended such a great class which was so poorly publicized. It is not a small studio, but nor is it well advertised. I prefer it over San Francisco Dance Center for the home studio atmosphere and more individualized feedback. Although they teach a number of styles, the ballet students are remarkably, uniformly strong. The teachers are great, they rotate just enough that you get used to learning to adapt on the spot. At the same time there is enough consistency that the training is not interrupted. If you are ever in the area and need a good class you should give them a call. All that aside, class felt really good today. I have improved since last week, my body isn't rejecting ballet quite as much. My turns are a lot stronger (back to consistent triples and my pirouettes in attitude surprise me) and so is my turn out and extension. I really need to watch my arms (elbows especially), leg rotation in a la seconde, and my beats are a catastrophe at the moment. I am doing alright with remembering combinations though, something I'm always afraid of.

One of my new years resolutions was to eat better. This isn't so hard for me since I enjoy healthy food as well as the not so healthy. One of my favorite places to find tasty alternatives is Trader Joe's. They have a number of intriguing and healthy snacks. Today I stopped by after class for some food and ended up spending more then I wanted to. I ran out of joint supplements though , so that was important to buy. I can feel my joints way too much sometimes so I better do what I can for them now. Anyways I found a great chip while I was there. They are corn chips with flax seed (I love chips), and taste quite like Fritos. The flax seed means that there is 1000mg of Omega 3 in every serving and they are only $0.49 for a 1lb. bag! They were definitely worth the 2 quarters.

Lastly, a blog which I enjoy. I found this by chance while searching for info on the Flexi Stretcher. Interestingly, this girl also writes for The Winger. Her blog, Off Center, is interesting to read, especially if you like dance.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

You should try the corn salsa, it's tomato-less and really really yummy, especially with the flax seed chips. They also have other corn chips in a black bag that are really sweet and delicious.

yum yum I love Trader Joes :)

Helenrr said...

And the roasted corn is very good, even your db's (dear brothers, haah) like it...and I bet it would be good in a southwestern soup, Yum. Yep, love the new Trader Joes in Monterey. Chao, Mom